Thursday, September 1, 2011

You Think YOU Are A Crazy Mom?!?

So you think YOU are a good mom gone bad?  Or maybe even think you're a BAD mom?  Well, let me tell you a story!


Driving home on a Wednesday night after church, guess who often shows up?  Yep, you guessed it!  Bad Mom!  Leave church feeling fulfilled, spiritually-fed, feeling good about life in general...  and then we start talking to each other!


Mom:  How was church?


Daughter 1:  Good.


Daughter 2:  No response


Mom:  Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to go home and go to sleep!


Daughter 1:  Mom, I'm thristy... It's sooooo hot!  I can't feel the air.  The front seat is too tall.  Can you stop and get a water?


Mom:  No, we'll be home in 20 minutes.  I don't want to stop and buy a water.  You'll be alright waiting til we get home.


Daughter 1:  But Mom!!  It's soooo hot!  Don't you always say we should drink more water?  I need water Mom... Please stop and get some!


Mom:  I'm sorry Sweetie, I really don't want to stop.  Let's just get home and drink water then.


Daughter 1:  PLEASE MOM!  It's soooo hot back here!


Daughter 2:  Yeah, Mom!  We're SOOO thirsty! 


Mom:  You can both wait until we get home.


Daughter 1:  But it will only take a minute!  Why can't we just stop and get a water?!


Daughter 2:  Yeah Mom!!? 


Mom:  We'll be home soon.  Drop it!


Daughter 1:  FINE!  We'll just sweat and suffer and be thirsty, even though you always SAY we should drink water!


Daughter 2:  But Mom!


(Beware... Bad Mom monologue coming!)


Mom (at high volume, in "possessed Mom" voice):  Why don't you guys drink before we leave church!?  You're ALWAYS thirsty when we leave?  I'm TIRED!  Can't we just go home and get ready for bed?!  It's 9 o'clock at night!  I've had a long day... Can't we just enjoy each other's company for the last moments of the day?!  Must we ALWAYS argue!?


Daughter 1 (practically in tears):  Mom, maybe we should go to counseling so we can get along...


Mom:  Fine!  (Now THERE's compassion for you! )


And so goes another night in the life... of a Good Mom Gone Bad.  (Hey, I hear it happens to the best of us!) 


There's always tomorrow to be the ever-patient, always loving, never forgets anything, compassionate Mom I aspire to be.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment